Labour practices in 2009
In 2008, we reported against only one labour indicator. In our extended reporting we have taken the advice of our stakeholders in the client and investor community. We have selected a range of indicators against which we report the make-up of our workforce. These are:
- LA1 - Total workforce by employment type, employment contract, and region
- LA6 - Percentage of staff represented in formal joint management–worker health and safety committees
- LA7 - Rates of injury, occupational disease, lost days and absenteeism and work related fatalities
- LA10 - Average hours of training per year per employee
- LA12 - Percentage of employees receiving regular performance and career development reviews.
Management of labour practices
During 2010, we will continue to roll out our strategy to align Grontmij according to three business lines: Planning & Design, Transportation & Mobility and Water & Energy. This is detailed in our Annual Report and Accounts. During this process we will focus on the development of employees in order to maximise their potential to contribute to the success of Grontmij and to further their own development.
In 2010 we will extend our GRI reporting to include the following indicator of diversity in our workplace:
- LA13 - Composition of governance bodies and breakdown of employees per category according to gender, age group, minority group membership, and other indicators of diversity.
Throughout 2009, our engagement with both internal and external stakeholders led us also to include indicators of training and development of our employees as a demonstration of how we are embedding our CSR reporting into our business processes and values.